Sunday, May 18, 2014

Review: Real Milk Paint

I am upgrading my house, so I was very excited to try out some environmentally friendly paints. I was also able to try some furniture wax.  Real Milk Paint is a powdered paint that you mix with water. It is a very matte finish. I painted my window trim with this… I loved the way it looked.
I think this paint would also be super awesome if you love to re finish old pieces of furniture, or love that shabby chic style, this is definitely the paint for you!

Milk paint is an environmentally friendly paint that is ideal for antique furniture, decks, floors and walls. You can mix milk paint with pigment powders to create just about any color you can imagine. And, the Real Milk Paint Company does not stop there. We also offer milk paint removercrackletung oil, Citrus Solvent (a natural replacement for mineral spirits and paint thinner) and a host of other earth friendly products.

Milk paint, a non toxic paint, was originally made from all organic raw materials, curdled milk, lime, and pigment. Black pigment may have been derived from coal, soot, or charcoal. Red color comes from the earth's crust or a crushed brick. Yellow Ochre harvested from the earth. Our pigments today are harvested in the traditional manner and are completely safe, eco-friendly, non-toxic, lead free and not radioactive. Real Milk Paint® is a non toxic paint finish made from purified milk protein, lime, natural fillers and pigment. Other paint companies choose to use Kaolin Clay as filler. Real Milk Paint® does not contain Kaolin Clay which can be derived from radioactive clays. Our organic paint comes in a water soluble powder and does not contain solvents (Zero V.O.C. = No Volatile Organic Compounds). Our Formula contains almost one third pharmaceutical grade high calcium lime. One of the curing properties of lime is that it goes through a process call carbonization. This means that it absorbs carbon dioxide from the air, thus giving you cleaner indoor air quality when used on interior walls. Using Real Milk Paint, a non toxic paint, will REDUCE CARBON EMISSIONS that contribute to Global Warming. Real Milk Paint can also be used outdoors as well further reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
 
Before

After

Left side with Wax

I was also sent some wood wax. These were my favorite products I was sent! I had several pieces of furniture that were “sad” looking. Some of them were stained, and some of them weren’t. This wax was super easy to apply. I just rubbed it on with a soft cloth and let the wax dry for 24 hours. The pieces that I did, look absolutely stunning. This wax brings out the natural beauty of the wood while adding a little bit of color. This wax is made with walnut oil and wax, seals and protects all in one easy step! I was sent two different colors, chesnut and Warm Black.

I loved these products!


Visit Their website!
Like Them on Facebook!
Follow Them on Twitter!
Follow Them on Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comments!