Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Review: Manitoba Harvest "Hemp Hearts"

I had no idea what "hemp hearts" were until recently. I had heard people talk about how tasty hemp seeds were, but I had never seen them around in any of my grocery stores. So when I had a chance to review Manitoba Harvest's Hemp Hearts, I jumped on it. I am always trying to find ways to incorporate healthier and more nutritious ingredients into my food.



I didn't know what these were going to taste like, but I am certainly glad I gave them a try. I tried a few right out of the bag... different, but not bad. Imagine if a pumpkin seed and a sunflower seed had a baby together... that's what these taste like. So then I tried them on a salad. SOLD! These were great on salads!  Not to mention they made it way more filling! One serving has 10g of protein, and 3 grams of fiber! Not to mention the vitamins these have in them.

Then I decided to get a little more original with them... My husband had been bugging me for Blueberry Crisp, so I finally gave in and made it for him this afternoon... and instead of my topping of just oats, cinnamon and sugar, I also added some Hemp Hearts. I could notice the extra nuttiness in the crumb topping, but he didn't say a word. He didn't even know they were in there! So he got some extra protein and vitamins with his dessert tonight, HAHA!

I really loved this product!
10/10!




Visit Their Website!
Like Them on Facebook!
Follow Them on Twitter!
Follow Them on Pinterest!
Follow Them on Instagram!
Follow Them on Google+

1 comment:

  1. oh I would love to try this! never heard of it before

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your Comments!