Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Camping Trip!

Well, My mini Vacation has came and went. It was a great time. We camped in a town called Empire, about 5 minutes away from the area we used to vacation at when I was younger. We "roughed" it. No Electric, no flushing toilets. It was real camping. My only issue was that I am fairly certain our spot was smack dab in the middle of Daddy Long Leg breeding grounds. They were literally everywhere... Crawling on everything!
We camped in tents, cooked our food over fire. It was a lot of work, but it was completely worth it in the end!
On Top of Sleeping Bear Dunes

My mom Cooking Dinner over the fire

View from the Top of the Dunes

Dinner- Night One!

Rachel (Raeosunshine Pets) Found a Petosky Stone!

Dunes

Historical Farm in Glen Arbor

Brian, my Husband, Playing Mini Golf

After we camped in Empire for 2 nights, we went up across the Mackinaw Bridge to Tehquamenon Falls. They were gorgeous. We hung out there all day, and then decided that after our spidery two nights, that we would just head home for the night. 4 Hours later, we pulled into our driveway. We didn't even unpack our car. We came in and went straight to bed. I will have pictures of Tehquamenon Falls later, but for now, here are a few of our camping party in Empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your Comments!